Tourist Baggage (Import) Rules -1981 shall apply to visitors staying in the country for more than 24 hours but not for more than 06(six) months on condition that the visitors shall not intend to reside in the country nor shall get remunerated from within it and in that event she/he shall be allowed to import the following items without duty or tax:
1. Personal imitation jewelry of value not exceeding BDT 3,000.00;
2. One in use wrist watch;
3. One cigarette lighter, two fountain pens, one penknife or instrument of similar use that can be carried in pocket or on person;
4. One electric iron, portable electric plate, a hair drier and an electric shaver;
5. One still camera;
6. One movie camera;
7. One cinematographic camera and a projector;
8. Pair of binoculars;
9. One portable sound recording machine;
10. One portable music system;
11. One portable type writer;
12. One wheel/invalid chair in use;
13. One perambulator or go cart;
14. Fire arms or shooting and other sports accessories;
15. Metal objects trophy, medallion, crests etc;
16. Clothing for personal use;
17. Handbag and goods essential for traveling;
18. Other personal wearing apparels, makeup and cosmetics;
19. Spectacles, physical aid and travel clock;
20. Five photographic films and 10 film plates;
21. Reasonable quantity of film for movie camera;
22. Two rolls of film for cinematographic camera;
23. Reasonable quantity of toys for use of accompanying children;
24. 200 sticks of cigarette or 50 cigars or half lb. of tobacco or less than half lb. of handmade cigarettes;
25. Not more than one third gallon of alcoholic beverages;
26. Half lb. of perfume and toiletries;
27. Not more than BDT 100 of confectionery and non alcoholic beverages.
The exemption is made with the understanding that a tourist shall re-export items 1-15 listed above. In addition he/she may import non-professional video camera and/or microcomputer with less than 1 megabyte initial random access memory and C&F value not exceeding BDT 100,000 provided the intention to re-export the said computer and/or video camera is endorsed in passport and also a written declaration of such intentions is made to the Commissioner of Customs.
A tourist may bring in any amount of foreign exchange in the form of Traveler’s Cheque, foreign currency notes or other foreign currency instruments provided he/she fills up a Declaration in Form FMJ obtainable from the customs at the port of entry. However, no declaration is required for bringing in of foreign exchange up to US$ 5,000.00 by foreign tourists. While leaving Bangladesh a tourist can take out unspent balance of the foreign currency brought in.
Airport Embarkation Fee
All taxes including Airport embarkation fee are payable with price of the ticket.